"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Joy of ......


Rain. Pure simple rain. My joy today comes in the form of much needed showers. All day we have had drizzly, slow rain, gray skies and cool cool temps of low 80's rather than the normal 100 of August. This is usually our hottest month and last year we also were plagued by crippling drought. This year, although we have had some hot days and little rain, we haven't suffered as much. Today was a treat for my garden and yard, not to mention sparing me from standing in the heat trying to give every plant a quick drink from the hose. I love to garden when the weather is mild, but my aging bones can't stand the heat anymore. I wish we could have a little thunder and lightening tonight to complete my favorite kind of night...

3 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

That is so great for you! We are trying to believe the forecasts that we have a 60% chance of rain tonight. Keep your fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I always rejoice over a good rainstorm, feeding my graden and lawn.

Roses and Lilacs said...

It's been a cool, wet summer here so you won't hear me complaining:) Mid August and not one single day above 89-degrees. Rain almost every week. It doesn't get better than this in Illinois.

Have a nice weekend. I hope you get that thunderstorm you're wishing for.
Marnie