"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Sunday, July 19, 2009

What Floats Your Boat??


Not much time to be blogging this summer. But this morning I sat alone in my little back yard with a cup of coffee. It was breezy and unseasonably cool for us this time of year. The garden was quiet and peaceful; one of those few moments that stands still for you. It was a perfect time to reflect on what brought me joy these past few weeks.

An afternoon trip to the zoo

Summer flowers in the garden

Almost $0 credit card debt (almost)

Laughing with my son

A shared plate of jalapeno poppers

Light work loads in the office

Fresh tomatoes and herbs

A trip to the beach with family

How about you? Don’t forget to make the time to recognize what you are grateful for. It makes all the hard stuff worth it.

6 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Pat, in our busy lives it's hard to find a few moments like that to reflect and enjoy. It's been a good year, no debt, no illness, no disasters, and I still have a job. A lot to think about and appreciate.
Marnie

secret agent woman said...

Beach trips and veggies & herbs from my garden work for me, too. The sound of cicadas in the evening and watching my kids laugh together oevr something silly. Red wine, dark chocolate, and good sex. There's a whole lot ot be thankful for in this world.

Day Traveler said...

Special, quiet momements of solitude seem so rare in the world today. I say embrace them. Drink in the peace these comfort moments bring. Be happy and content with what God gives you, living one day at a time. I too am thankful for the many blessings I have. Though life seems to bear down so hard sometimes and it's easy to lose focus on what's really important, the truth is that most of us are rich in the things that matter.
Like the book written for children once said, Simple Pictures are Best.

Anonymous said...

- being able to sit and read outside while my dogs and cat amble about the yard.

- time with my kids and grandkids

- eating the first garden pea straight from the garden

Yes .. it is always a good thing to count our blessings.

Lovely post.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful shots! And a lovely, well-timed reminder. :-)

Vietnam Veterans: Brothers Forever said...

When I wake up in the morning I hear the birds singing outside my window. I feel the presence of my darling wife next to me. These are two great things to wake up to and be thankful.
Peace
Charles