"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Sunday, May 22, 2011

North Carolina Vacation

I was lucky enough to spend another week in North Carolina's beautiful western mountains. A free house, outdoor fireplace and chilly (alas,with some rain) days, made for a wonderful week. Over the last few years we ave been exploring the western area, looking for that perfect area to dream of relocating to. Each time I discover new towns, I fall in love with a new place. In my mind I have already moved from Banner Elk to Blowing Rock, to Linville, to Brevard and to Marshall. This year I think I moved to the Burnsville area. We made a drive from Linville to Hot Springs, through Mars Hill and Burnsville, and along a beautiful road along a rushing creek (that forks north from Hot Springs) that ended up on Cutshall Town Road. There is some gorgeous land up there. Hot Springs has a beautiful setting; like Marshall, it snuggles up to the French Broad river. Burnsville has the most scenic town square and courthouse. Its a postcard....unfortunately I don't ever take any pictures in the towns, I don't know why. Instead, here are a few pictures , most taken right off the parkway. I love you North Carolina!










3 comments:

secret agent woman said...

I love that part of NC.

Red Shoes said...

What Secret Agent Woman said... my best friend and I used to canoe rivers in that area of North Carolina... that place feels like Heaven to me...

~shoes~

wildcatwoods said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip to my state. I lived in Linville for 10 years and now live in Asheville. The High Country is beautiful but a bit isolated fro me to live year round!

Carolina Mts