"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Monday, June 13, 2011

Project Complete....almost

 Well, it is complete enough for a few photos. I love my new desk; I have been looking for over a year as I do spend a lot of time on the computer and at a desk. They were either too pricey, or just not my taste. I wanted something recycled or re-purposed, but being as that is the trend right now...the prices were just too high for me. So a couple hundred dollars worth of  beautiful black walnut, and the talents of a skilled man who gets me and looks in my head and understands what I see....this is the result. It still needs a little tweaking and arranging, I picked up some old wood boxes from the local flea market , antique junk dealers... but...well you get the idea!

10 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

I love it! What a great place to work and to relax.

Red Shoes said...

WOW!!! I LOVE that!!!

Did you find that desk already constructed, or did someone build that for you?

Did I say that I LOVE it?

I also like the photos you have above the workspace... do they have a story?

~shoes~

100 Thoughts of Love said...

We, hahahaha...I did a few things , I thought it up and sketched it out. But the actual work was done by the man in my life, he is very talented with wood and building! He made me a beautiful easel (see this link) http://pats-dryrun.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-is-ls-gift-to-me-for-my-birthday.html

100 Thoughts of Love said...

the photos are my parents and myself, I have others to add as soon as I print them in black and white.

secret agent woman said...

Lovely - it has a Mission/Shaker feel to it.

Vicki Lane said...

Wpow! What a beautiful desk and workspace! You and the woodworker did a great job!

100 Thoughts of Love said...

vickie...it is all the woodworker!
I think I (he) am going to add some craftsman or mission style brackets to the front legs, it could use the support as well as look better I think! Don't want to get to fancy....

Artfulife said...

It's just wonderful! What a lovely place to sit & work.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous!!! Very nicely done.

Red Shoes said...

... and I STILL love this desk.

~shoes~