"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Monday, June 6, 2011

Project Underway



After a long  (at least a year!!) search for the perfect piece of furniture I needed; I realized I wasn't going to get what I wanted for several reasons. Number one, I have this vision in my head that won't go away...rustic, rough hewn, wood grain that makes you want to roll on it (and yes, beautiful wood does affect me that way). Number two, when you find something semi-doable, someone thinks their vintage inspired, poorly crafted furniture is worth enough money to pay the mortgage for months. And last, deep down I really wanted to build it myself. Of course, it helps immensely to have a man around who wields a planer and saw like he knows what he is doing, and also who happens to be good at it. He does and he is. So we drew up plans, bought some beautiful walnut,  measured and cut all weekend. Well, he cut, I measured, and he remeasured. So far... this is what we have.Guess what it is?

4 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Boy, I haven't a clue...

Re THE ROAD -- I've put off reading that too.

Louvregirl said...

Is it shelving? That sure is beautiful wood though! Anything you make with it should look good!
lg

NCmountainwoman said...

I have no idea, but I love the wood. It is just beautiful.

secret agent woman said...

No clue. I'll have to wait until it's further along.