"whoever touches us, teaches us....."

Thursday, November 1, 2007

6 That when he saw me naked for the first time he didn't wince

Ahhh, youth.....Just you all wait. It creeps away in the still of the night and you wake up one day, look in the mirror and "EEEEEEK, what happen ? And worse, my God how am I going to cover that up, lift that up and squeeze all that in ?" An unrecognizable face looks back at you, but Cover Girl can fix that. A little here, a lot there, makeup can illuminate even the most disastrous age related mishaps. But the body....here lies another story. You have never experienced fear itself until you get naked for the first time for a new man. What is it with men, they hardly change at all; maybe a few pounds or a hairline recedes....but at least they don't have body parts that are non-resistant to gravitational pull of the earth. I started out getting in bed with pj's on, then I graduated to dropping my drawers by the side of the bed and hopping in in one swift motion ( and in the dark mind you). I have now comfortably arrived at a place where I don't worry as much what I look like, although I still can't parade around naked ....maybe if I had a few martinis in me!
But Larry acts like he sees me as I was when I was 30. I had a pretty good body then, along with flaming red hair. I was confident in myself. I still have the hair (thank you God for not making me go bald, even though you gave me a few greys) but the body gave up the ship after pregnancy. I expected horror on Larry's face or at least a preference for lights out...but he looks at me like he sees the glorious me of my younger days. He watches me, both when I am clothed and not. And he never misses a chance to tell me I am beautiful. But more than that he treats me beautifully as well. He looks into my eyes when he talks to me and he touches me incessantly. He has found a much nicer person than the one I was when I was 30.
....Now, to the treadmill !!

2 comments:

James Lindsay said...

I wish Fenchurch was that comfortable with herself. I don't mind, but it bothers her.

meno said...

Laughing would have been a deal breaker.

I think my husband is much more appreciative and accepting of my body than i am, which is good, i mean that he likes it.